Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Late Night Pick: Jeffrey Osborne & George Duke
Tavis Smiley has jazz/R&B singer Jeffrey Osborne on his show tonight on PBS (check local listings or Tavis' web site for times). Jeffrey has a new album of standards out ("A Time For Love") and musicians helping out include Christian McBride and Chaka Khan. Playing keyboards on the album and producing is George Duke who will also be on the show tonight. Mr. Duke has had a pretty good career of his own, with solo work and working in bands with Al Jarreau, Sonny Rollins, Dexter Gordon, Jean Luc-Ponty, Frank Zappa, Cannonball Adderly, and producing many other artists. I think Tavis will have a lot to talk about with these two along with hearing some great music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment