Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Late Night Pick: Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band
On Late Show with David Letterman tonight at 11:35 PM on CBS, Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band will perform. Her new album, "Take Me to the Land of Hell" is getting great reviews, though if you don't like Yoko's avant garde music, it doesn't sound like the album will change your mind. I'm gonna give it a shot. I recently received a CD copy of "Double Fantasy" (thanks, Joan & Mike!) and listened to it for perhaps the first time since 1981. I was surprised at how Yoko's tunes on that album fit so well into the new wave music of the time. It wasn't too different than B-52s, Talking Heads or Siouxsie & the Banshees and most of the songs were pretty good. I'll be interested to see what she is doing now. She has some pretty good guests on the new album including Sean Lennon, tUnE-yArDs, Questlove from The Roots, Ad-Rock & Mike D from Beastie Boys, and Lenny Kravitz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment