Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Late Night Pick: Robbie Robertson
Former member of The Band, creator of excellent solo work, and soundtrack coordinator for numerous films (including a number of Scorsese films), Robbie Robertson, will be on Tavis Smiley tonight on PBS. Check your local listings for times. I know I have to set my DVR because it's on at 3 AM here in Richmond. Robbie may not play on music on the show but all of you who have seen "The Last Waltz" know he is a great storyteller so the interview should be interesting. He'll probably talk about his new book, "Legends, Icons & Rebels: Music That Changed the World" and the new release from The Band, "Live at the Academy of Music 1971" which captures the complete concerts that supplied the music for their "Rock of Ages" album.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment