Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Late Night Pick: Wayne Shorter Quartet
Arsenio Hall is really mixing it up on his new talk show. Last night, it was underground hip-hop, tonight it's jazz legend Wayne Shorter and his Quartet. Wayne was a quadruple winner in this year’s Downbeat magazine
critics poll, topping the categories for Jazz Artist, Jazz Album, Jazz Group
and Soprano Saxophone. At 80, Wayne still relishes improvisation and performing "without a net". HERE is a recent interview with Wayne in the Cape Breton (Australia) Post. Arsenio is on WUPV in Richmond at 11 PM, the rest of you can check Arsenio's web site for times and channels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment