Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Late Night Pick: Portugal. The Man
They presumably gave themselves that band name so you wouldn't think Portugal. The Country was on a late night show or a festival bill. They are Portugal. The Man even though they are a band. Why didn't they call themselves Portugal. The Band and why the period in the middle of the name. Well, they are a rather psychedelic band so perhaps it was the drugs. Anyway, they are pretty good so check them out tonight on Conan on TBS at 11 PM. P.TM's latest release, "Evil Friends" (the best kind?) is getting good reviews so far and was produced by Danger Mouse.
Labels:
Conan,
Portugal The Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment