Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Late Night Pick: Jason Isbell
Jason Isbell, formerly of Drive-By Truckers and not carving out a damn fine solo career for himself, is on Late Show with David Letterman tonight on CBS at 11:35 PM. Jason's new album, Southeastern, which I've been listening to quite a bit lately, deals often with his hitting bottom on alcohol and his redemption when he finds sobriety. Jason was recently interviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" show and you can listen to that HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment