Brock Butler, lead singer/guitarist of the recently disbanded Perpetual Groove, will be at The Canal Club tonight. Doors open at 7:30 and show starts at 8:30 with openers Gallo Vera, Imaginary Sons, and Thom Somerville. Brock will come on around 11 PM. Tix are $10. This is a benefit concert and all proceeds from the show go to the American Society for Suicide Prevention. Here's Brock doing three songs in Lexington NC in July. Looks like he is doing the one-man, looping thing.
70's yacht rock cover band, Three Sheets to the Wind, will be at Tobacco Company tonight. Show starts at 9 and it's free to get in. This isn't necessarily yacht rock but it fits the mellow groove of the 70's era.
Classic rock cover band, Trongone Band, will be at Cary St. Cafe tonight. I heard they did a fantastic job opening up for Marshall Tucker Band at Innsbrook. Show starts at 10 and there is no cover.
Late Night Pick is electronica band Rhye on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight on ABC at 11:35 PM.
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment