Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Late Night Pick: Dawes
We last saw Dawes in Richmond when they were putting on a fine performance opening for Bob Dylan last month at the Landmark. Tonight, the band with the Southern California sound (think Jackson Browne or The Eagles) will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live on ABC at 11:35 PM. For those of you that dug Shovels & Rope (pun
intentional!) two weeks ago at Friday Cheers and/or Dawes last year at Cheers or opening for Dylan, NoiseTrade is offering a
free 6 song sampler featuring the two bands to celebrate their upcoming tour:
http://www.noisetrade.com/dawesshovelsandrope/summer-tour-sampler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment