Hometown boys Carbon Leaf will be at Groovin' in the Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden tonight. Tix are $20 at the gate and kids 11 and under get in free. Gates will open at 5:30 and the show starts around 6 with opener Will Hoge. If you are interested in learning how to play Carbon Leaf songs, they have a new Carbon Leaf Lessons YouTube page HERE. And here is the lyric video for their song, "She's Gone" from their latest album, "Ghost Dragon Attacks Castle". That album title makes me think the boys have been playing some Dungeons & Dragons on the road.
If you are a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers fan, check out this interview with guitarist extraordinaire, Mike Campbell. He talks about being in the band since the beginning, how he keeps it fresh when he plays the hits and playing with Bob Dylan. HERE is the link to the interview in Rolling Stone.
Tonight's Late Night Pick is indie rocker supergroup Divine Fits on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35 AM on NBC. Divine Fits is made up of Spoon's Britt Daniel, New Bomb Turks drummer Sam Brown, and
Wolf Parade and Handsome Furs member Dan Boeckner. You might like Divine Fits if you like those bands, Jack White, Raconteurs, The Strokes, or White Rabbits.
More on this weekend's music coming tonight!
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment