Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Late Night Pick: Jake Bugg
Tonigh,t check out Jake Bugg on Conan at 11 PM on TBS and then repeated at 1 AM. Though just 18 years old, Jake's self-titled debut album got rave reviews. He's been influenced by The Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix, Oasis, White Stripes, and Jens Lekman. He's been nominated for Best British Breakthrough Artist at the Brit Awards and he'll be down at the SXSW Festival along with 90% of all English speaking musicians in the free world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment