Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "I started listening / Listening to the animals / I’m trying to understand / Trying to build this sense of trust / With compassion and respect / And nothing underhand / And the rhythm and the verse / For better and for worse / I can feel it now / All the weird within the wild / The ageless and the tired / They can feel it now" - Peter Gabriel, “Looking for the Happy"
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Late Night Pick of the Night: Gotye
Tonight, check out new artist Gotye, who plays Peter Gabriel-ish atmospheric pop, on Jimmy Kimmel at 12:05 AM on ABC. He's generating big buzz right now with virtually his entire US tour of clubs in April selling out. Gotye recently came out first in Australia's (his home country) biggest fan voted music poll of top acts.
Labels:
Gotye,
Jimmy Kimmel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We saw Gotye + band last night in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Fantastic show! The "Peter Gabriel" connection is even more fitting because of the animations that accompanied the songs. I loved the "Bronte" animation, which had a "Miyazaki" quality to it. Together with the song an magical highlight! But the rest of the show was also great. A MUST-SEE!
ReplyDeleteHelmi and Eric
Thanks for the comments, Helmi & Eric! It's not often we get a concert review from the Netherlands. I will definitely have to check Gotye out when he comes to the US.
Delete