Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "I started listening / Listening to the animals / I’m trying to understand / Trying to build this sense of trust / With compassion and respect / And nothing underhand / And the rhythm and the verse / For better and for worse / I can feel it now / All the weird within the wild / The ageless and the tired / They can feel it now" - Peter Gabriel, “Looking for the Happy"
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Late Night Pick of the Night: Alabama Shakes
Critically lauded (at least so far) neo-Southern soul band, Alabama Shakes, making their national TV debut on Conan tonight on TBS at 11 PM. The band is being compared to Drive-By Truckers (who will be coming to C'ville and Norfolk in April, but apparently skipping Richmond. Boo!), Black Keys, and Sharon Jones, all some of my faves.
Labels:
Alabama Shakes,
Conan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment