Americana guitar master Doc Watson passed away yesterday at the age of 89. HERE is the full obit.
Also, the weird and eclectic (in a delightful way) rock band, Ween, are apparently done. Click HERE for the story. Here's one of my favorite Ween songs, "Mutilated Lips" from their psychedelic album, "The Mollusk". I always liked this version from the short-lived MTV show "Oddsville" because of the random assortment of dancers:
Tonight's Late Night Pick is another repeat of an all-music episode of Last Call with Carson Daly featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar, pop rockers Tennis, singer/songwriter Kimbra and blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. Last Call is on NBC at 1:35 AM.
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment