If you are looking for a show tonight, you can do no better than the Spirituals to Funk show with Dr. John and the gospel group, Blind Boys of Alabama. They'll be at the Carpenter Theatre and the show will start at 7:30 with tickets running from $34 to $42. The show will "explore the connections between jazz, blues and gospel". HERE is a preview of their show from a Grand Rapids MI blog. Here's Dr. John & the Blind Boys performing the Louis Armstrong classic "What a Wonderful World":
Tonight's Late Night Pick of the Night is SF punk group Ceremony tonight on Last Call with Carson Daly on NBC at 1:35 AM.
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment