Singer-songwriter Marshall Crenshaw will be at Ashland Coffee & Tea tonight. Show starts at 8 and tix are $30. He's been going strong for 31 years now, always getting more critical acclaim than sales but a favorite of musicians everywhere for his songwriting. Here's a clip for a show from this past September with Marshall and The Bottle Rockets doing two songs, "Calling Out For Love (At Crying Time)" & "Starless Summer Sky":
Also, tonight TRI Studios keeps the webcast train rolling, one day after the Ratdog webcast (caught the first hour last night, was pretty good), with a free webcast tonight of Southern rock godfathers, The Outlaws. You remember them for such classic rock hits as "Green Grass & High Tides" and "Ghost Riders in the Sky". The webcast will start tonight at 8 PM ET. Click HERE to go there.
Tonight's Late Night Pick of the Night is Portugal. The Man and Wale on Last Call with Carson Daly on NBC at 1:35 AM.
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment