To celebrate the release of the Pink Floyd deluxe edition CDs, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon is hosting Pink Floyd week. Every night the musical guest will play a Floyd song and tonight should be quite spectacular with Floyd bassist Roger Waters joining Foo Fighters to do "In The Flesh".
Speaking of Floyd, you can listen to Floyd playing "Dark Side of the Moon" in it's entireity live at Wembley in 1974 accompanied by some of the originial videos used during the performance along with some trippy new visuals. It starts at the top of each hour and will only be on until 9/28. I particularly like the jam in "Any Colour You Like". Click HERE to listen and watch.
Here's The Shins on Jimmy Fallon last night kicking off Pink Floyd week with "Breathe":
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment