Thursday, January 19, 2012

Late Night Pick of the Night: Avett Bros., new Springsteen song

Check out the Avett Brothers tonight on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35 AM on NBC.  Avett Brothers will play their rendition of "One Too Many Mornings" - a track they sang along with the late-great Johnny Cash for the Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan: Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International CD.

Bruce Springsteen announced that his new album, Wrecking Ball, will come out on March 6.  Click HERE for full details including the track listing.  Here's the first single from the album, "We Take Care Of Our Own".  I'm not completely sold on the song.  I dig the sentiment and I like the music, especially the way it builds through the song.  But the lyrics seem a bit jingoistic, obvious and trite and don't really do what the best Springsteen songs do; take a large issue and break it down to a personal level through a story or a scene.  We'll see.  It may grow on me.  That's just my first impression.  And his songs always get better for me after I hear them live so perhaps Bruce will announce those US tour dates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment