Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
RIP Dr. John
On Handful of Brains: RIP Dr. John (originally aired 6/12/19 7 - 9 PM on WRIR 97.3 fm Richmond Independent Radio): I'm sure Louisiana Dance Hall will be doing a big, fat tribute to Dr. John from 5 - 7 PM, and I'll continue the fun with some Dr. John collaborations and session work. That will be interspersed with the usual eclectic mix of music, including The National, Rob Wasserman w/ Jerry Garcia & Edie Brickell, Khruangbin and more!
Here's a link to the show: http://files.wrir.org/shows/201906111900.HandfulOfBrains.mp3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment