Here's Sky Ferreira performing "I Blame Myself" on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Friday night:
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Monday, April 7, 2014
Late Night Pick: Nas featuring Q-Tip
A lot of rap stars don't last more than an album or two, burning brightly, quickly and then never heard from again. Nas bucks that trend and has been consistently making good records since his classic "Illmatic" came out in 1994. He's joined tonight on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon by another classic rap artist, Q-Tip. Nas may be performing something off of "Illmatic" tonight as he is doing a number of events surrounding the 20th anniversary of that album including performing the whole album live at the Lovebox Music Festival in the UK, releasing new mixes of the songs on a release called "Illmatic XX", and releasing a documentary called "Time is Illmatic". Here's Nas doing "Patience" with Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley in 2010:
Here's Sky Ferreira performing "I Blame Myself" on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Friday night:
Here's Sky Ferreira performing "I Blame Myself" on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Friday night:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment