That didn't take long. It was announced today that Stephen Colbert will leave his pseudo-Republican Colbert Report behind and take over for Dave Letterman on the Late Show. That's a great choice and it will be fun to see what Colbert does with the show.
For tonight's late night pick, we're going world music with Hafez Nazeri, an Iranian composer. He'll be on Tavis Smiley on PBS tonight. Check your local listings for time. Here in Richmond, Tavis is on at 3 AM on channel 57 so set those DVRs. As always with Tavis, don't know if Hafez will perform or if they'll just talk. Hafez's "Rumi Symphony Project: Untold" is currently #2 on the world Classical album charts. Here's the Project peforming "Enlightenment":
On the rock side, here's "Tom Petty" doing "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" with Stevie Nicks on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon last night. You may recognize the guys that introduce them too.
And finally here's Birds of Tokyo on Jimmy Kimmel Live Tuesday night with "This Fire":
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
No comments:
Post a Comment