So we’ve finished our first lap of the USA and now we are about to embark on some exciting LA performances. Here are the highlight stories that we’ll happily elaborate if provoked.And here they are with "Lanterns":
1. When arriving in Nashville, we realized we had left Westy in Knoxville, he’d missed the bus and took a 4 hour taxi to get to the show on time.
2. In Dallas, Kenny was punched in the head and mugged (he’s fine not even a bruise) in broad daylight in front of a group of nervous onlookers.
3. In San Fransisco we witnessed a homeless man grab a street artists’ painting, and smash it through a window of the pub we were in.
4. In New York Glenn rested his arm on a hot pipe in the band room and suffered third degree burns right before we went onstage.
5. In Denver we only had 15 miles left in our gas tank before we finally found a petrol station in the middle of a snow blizzard.
HONERABLE MENTION - We were greated with complimentary condoms at the Portland hotel, had delightful catfish sandwiches in the middle of Tennessee, -27 degree (Celsius) temperature in Minneapolis.
Above all, the trip has been pretty f**king hilarious and we very much intend on doing a second lap. Special love and thanks goes to all the kind folk we’ve met along the way.
Here's Nas & Q-Tip doing "The World Is Yours" on last night's Tonight Show: