Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Welcome to the Hotel Handful of Brains!
On Handful of Brains (originally aired on 7/2/19 7 - 9 PM on WRIR 97.3 fm Richmond Independent Radio): Welcome to the Hotel Handful of Brains! We hope you enjoyed our Punk Rock Lobby while you were waiting and spray painted some anarchic slogans on the wall. Our Continental Breakfast is available from 10 AM - 2 PM because no self-respecting rock n' roller is up before 10 AM. Be sure to check out our pool, where clothing is optional, but beware the ghost of Keith Moon. He occasionally drives a Cadillac into the pool. And don't forget our happy hour, from 7 - 9 PM with DJ Tony spinning an eclectic mix of tunes including The Dead Milkmen, Pretty Vicious, Little Feat, Jason Isbell, Chris Isaak, The Church, My Morning Jacket, Fool's Gold, and more!
Here's the link to the show: http://files.wrir.org/shows/201907021900.HandfulOfBrains.mp3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment