THIS JUST IN: In honor of World Aids Day, (RED) and Bank of America are putting on a free concert tonight in Times Square. Bono is still ailing after his bike accident so U2 will have a couple friends singing for them: Bruce Springsteen & Chris Martin (Coldplay). Not bad. Also performing will be Kanye West and Carrie Underwood. The show will be webcast on YouTube starting at 7:30 ET HERE.
Tonight's late night pick is R&B diva, Mary J Blige on Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC, 11:35 PM). Mary has a new album, "The London Sessions", coming out tomorrow. Speaking of U2 and Mary J Blige, here they are together doing U2's "One":
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment