Bring the Noise and Fight the Power on Friday night at the Hat Factory. Public Enemy comes to town. Tix are $30 in advance, $35 day of show. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8. No opener is listed on the Hat Factory site. Doesn't mean there won't be one. I'm just telling you there isn't one listed. Here is their brand new video, "Say It Like It Really Is":
If your tastes run more toward the jam bands on Friday night, check out Stockholm Syndrome featuring Dave Schools, the bassist from Widespread Panic. They'll be at The National. Tix are $16 in advance, $19 day of show. Doors open at 7 and the show starts at 8 with opener Road Kill Roy. Here they are from on 9/3 playing "Counterclock World":
Indie rockers Broken Social Scene will be at The National on Saturday night. Doors open at 8, show starts at 9 with opener The Wooden Birds. Tix are $20 in advance and $25 day of show. You might dig BSS if you like Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, Feist, Sonic Youth, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Cure, The Flaming Lips, Pixies, or Radiohead. Here they are doing their song, "Forced to Love":
Tuesday the bluesmen with the big beards come to town. ZZ Top will be at The National. Tix are $60. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8 with opener Barrelhouse. Here is some classic ZZ Top for ya:
That's all I gots. I gots no more. Have a great weekend!
Tony Jordan
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment