This weekend begins with Garrison Keillor bringing the Prarie Home Companion gang, including my favorite, Guy Noir, to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens for a show. The show will start at 7 PM, doors open at 5:30 and tix are $55.
Saturday & Sunday at Maymont is the first Richmond Jazz Festival. Tickets are $50 for the whole weekend, or $30 for a single day pass. The show will run noon to 10 on Saturday and noon to 9 on Sunday. If you intend to go, note that you can't park at Maymont. You have to take a shuttle from satellite parking. Check the web site for details. Here is the lineup:
SATURDAY
VERIZON STAGE
1:30 Sharon Rae North
3:00 Big Sam & The Funky Nation
4:30 Maestro J
6:00 Marcus Johnson featuring B.K. Jackson
7:30 Poncho Sanchez
9:00 Chaka Khan
DOMINION STAGE
12:30 Shanta “Bunmi” Jasper
2:00 Joye B Moore
3:30 Norman Brown
5:00 Lalah Hathaway
6:30 Stanley Clarke
8:00 Rick Braun and Richard Elliot
SUNDAY
VERIZON STAGE
1:30 Shanta “Bunmi” Jasper
3:00 Plunky and Oneness
4:30 Bob Baldwin
6:00 Alex Bugnon
7:30 Ledisi
DOMINION STAGE
1:00 Sharon Rae North
2:30 Maestro J
4:00 Marcus Johnson featuring B.K. Jackson
5:30 Chuck Mangione
7:00 Boney James
Gates open at Noon both days.
That's about it this week. We've definitely hit the slow point in the concert calendar. Things will pick up again after Labor Day when we will possibly be able to go outside without feeling like you're in hot soup.
I did want to bring you some big news about Al Gore. Now that he's single he can finally listen to his heavy metal albums: http://www.theonion.com/articles/recently-single-al-gore-finally-able-to-listen-to,17824/
Have a great weekend!
Tony Jordan
Supporting music in Richmond since 2000 - "Oh, I used to be disgusted / And now I try to be amused / But since their wings have got rusted / You know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes / But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain / That's when I knew that I could not refuse / And I won't get any older, now that angels wanna wear my red shoes" - Elvis Costello, “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment