Thursday, May 11, 2017

This Is The End....

...Beautiful Friends.

Yes, all good things must come to an end. And this blog too. After 15 years, I will no longer be doing the Weekend Picks. We started as a weekly email to co-workers who had moved from the SF area and wanted to know what there was to do in Richmond. We went to the blog format in 2007 and have been going ever since and we've had fun!

Why stop now? I now have a weekly radio show on WRIR, 97.3 FM. It is called "Children of the Night" and will be eclectic, heavily psychedelic, sometimes funkadelic, maybe blues, perhaps pop, occasionally country. I don't have enough time to do both the show and the blog or I would never get out. So I'm going back to my original love, radio.

Getting the radio show is the good news.

The bad news is it is on from 3 - 5 AM on Saturday mornings.

The good news is I get to pre-record it so I don't have to be awake.

The other good news is that you don't have to be either. It will be available in the Music Show Archives at http://wrir.org/listen/ for two weeks after each show. I also plan on posting them here on the blog where they will remain for all eternity.

Just a few stats:

  • This is the 1580th blog entry
  • The three most popular all time: "IMDB for Music" 12/5/08 w/9400+ hits. "Weekend Picks: Robert Earl Keen,,.", 3/14/17, 1500+ hits, and "Springsteen & Richmond", 8/13/08, 600+ hits.
Thank you to all who have read the blog over the years. Some of you have been with me since the email days and I truly appreciate all of you. I've also made friends with some of you through the blog and I hope to see you around town at shows too.

NOTE: I will not be sending any more emails from my personal email account when I update the blog with the radio shows. If you wish to get an email from Blogger when I add a post, please sign up in the upper right of the blog.

That'll do it. Have a great weekend, year, life. I'll see you at the next show!

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment