Friday, July 12, 2013

Crime In Stereo, Bio Ritmo, Robbin Thompson, Oregon Hill Funk All-Stars

Will have to be another shorty this week. I intended to do it last night, but fell asleep with my son and woke up bleary-eyed at 11:30 and not willing to start a long blog at that late time. I've been really tired this week. Don't know if its the weather. (I checked the National Weather Service today. It's rained 21 of the last 42 days. And it's probably been cloudy with no rain for another 7 days.) My back hasn't been helping much either but my chiropractor helped fix that last night. (Thanks, Dr. Anna!) Anyway, enough of my griping. Let's get to the music!


Punk/new wave band Crime in Stereo make a rare appearance at The Camel on Saturday night. It's $12 in advance, $14 at the door. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8 with openers In Between, Averman & Springtime. Wear your moshing shoes. Here's Crime In Stereo doing "I Am Everything I Am Not":



If you prefer your music a bit folkier, check out Robbin Thompson at Ashland Coffee & Tea on Saturday night. Robbin has a new CD out, "A Real Fine Day", in fact, this show is the release party. You'll hear lots of stuff from the new album plus older faves. Show starts at 8, tix are $15 in advance, $20 day of show. Here's Robbin with his band at The National in January doing "Brite Eyes":




If you prefer your music salsa-ier, go see Bio Ritmo at Lulu's on Saturday night. I believe this is the last area show before they head over to Europe to play a bunch of dates and festivals. You can listen to Bio Ritmo's brand new single, "Picaresca", HERE. And if if doesn't get you moving within the first 15 seconds, you are probably dead. Show will start at 9 PM.


If you need some groovin' on a Sunday afternoon, head to The Camel for their Funky Brunch with Oregon Hill Funk All-Stars. It'll run from 2 PM - 5 PM and it's FREE to get in.

Hope that'll get you through the weekend. Have a good one! Something tells me The Alarm would really like this weather.


Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment