Thursday, March 8, 2012

Neon Indian, The Men, Emmylou Harris: Late Night Pick of the Night

I fell asleep while lying down with the four-year old last night, waiting for him to fall asleep, so I didn't get to do the full blog. I woke up at 12:45 AM and didn't feel like dragging my ass downstairst and starting it. So here a couple of bands that are playing tonight.  I'll do the rest of the weekend review tonight.

Neon Indian will be at The National tonight. Tix are $15. Doors open at 6:30, show starts at 7:30 with opener Purity Ring. Neon Indian are an electronic pop band that remind me of Gorillaz, New Order, and other 80's pop bands. Keeping up the 80's vibe, Cartoon Network's Adult Swim did this cool 80's style animated video for their song "Fallout":


At Strange Matter tonight, you will find garage rock band The Men.  I mean, there will be women there too, but the band is called The Men. It's $7 to get in.  Doors open at 6, show starts at 7 with openers Hoax Hunters and Lost Tribe. Here's The Men playing Shea Stadium (the night club in NYC which I think is a rather brilliant name) in October:


Tonight's Late Night Pick of the Night is the beautiful and talented Emmylou Harris on the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.  That's on at 11:30 PM and then repeats often over the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment