Thursday, July 7, 2011

Darius Rucker, Jack's Mannequin, O.A.R.

Haven't had any "Late Night" picks this week because I've been slammed at work.  It's the end of the fiscal year (yes, boring state money stuff) and, as usual, I put off until the end of the year some things I should have kept up with during the year.  So it's completely my fault and once again I find myself wondering why I did this to myself and vowing that this year will be different. We shall see.

Darius Rucker, former lead singer of Hootie & The Blowfish, comes to Innsbrook on Thursday night.  Tix are $17 in advance, $20 at the gate for general admission.  Show starts at 6 PM with opener TBA and Darius will hit the stage around 8.  Darius is hitting it pretty big on the country charts these days.  If you liked Hootie and the Blowfish but always thought "These songs really need a twangy-er guitar" than this show is for you.

Jack's Mannequin will be at The National on Friday night.  Tix are $20 in advance, $25 day of show.  Doors open at 6, show starts at 7 with openers River James, Lady Danville & Steel Train.  Jack's Mannequin play piano-based indie pop kind of stuff.  I was going to include videos but I seem to be having a problem with YouTube tonight.  They won't let me embed this one anyway so here is a link to Jack's Mannequin's "The Resolution".

O.A.R. (Of A Revoluntion) will be at Innsbrook on Wednesday night.  Tix are $17 in advance, $20 at the gate for general admission, $35 for Gold Circle and $75 for Skybox.  Gate open at 6 PM and the show starts with Kelley James, then SOJA.  O.A.R. comes on around 8.  O.A.R. has always struck me as kind of a poor man's Dave Matthews Band, the kind of band I might listen to if I was drunk in college and I was trying to hook up with the sorority girl who was really into them, but she was paying more attention the band than me. 

That's pretty much it this week.  I'm going to call it a night because I'm going to try to figure out if YouTube isn't working for me or if  something else is wrong.

Have a great weekend!

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment