Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zappa Plays Zappa tonight @ Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens

Just a quick note to remind you that Zappa Plays Zappa will be playing tonight at Groovin' In the Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens.  Tix are $25 for GA, $35 for Reserved.  Doors open at 5:30, show starts at 6 PM with an opener to be announced.    If you like Frank Zappa's music or have ever been curious, Frank's son Dweezil, an amazing guitar player in his own right, and his band play Frank's music brilliantly, staying true to the music while giving themselves room for some improvisation.  I would be going myself tonight but for the Phish show I went to on Tuesday (more on that in the blog coming tonight).

Here they are playing two days ago in Vancouver.  Its the encore, "Peaches En Regalia" and then my kid's favorite Zappa song, "Muffin Man".  No kidding.  I started singing "Muffin Man" to them when they would eat muffins and then they started singing it and then they had me put it on one of the mix CDs I make for them.


More tonight on what's up for the weekend!

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment