Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gordon Lightfoot, Foreigner Canceled

Instead of one big ol' weekend concert blog this week, I'm going to do a quick hit each day. My wife has a conference this week and though its here in Richmond, I've got the kids each night and quite frankly, its tiring. I don't know how single parents do it.

Got two big 70s artists in town on Wednesday night. Foreigner comes to Innsbrook with that favorite opening band, tba. Or not. I just went on the Innsbrook site and saw this message: "Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Foreigner concert scheduled for Wednesday May 6 has been cancelled. Further announcements regarding refunds and exhanges will be announced on May 6." Looks like they are still on for the next night in Reading PA so perhaps the circumstances beyond their control was that they didn't sell many tickets.

That leaves your entertainment choice clear for Wednesday night. Its singer/songwriter Gordon Lightfoot at the Landmark Theater. The show starts at 8 PM, tix are $38.50 & $48.50. Gordon Lightfoot is known for such hits as "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sundown", "Carefree Highway" and the all-time classic, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". I saw a good show on the Discovery Channel about the SS Edmund Fitzgerald and it was originall believed the ship may actually have split in two when either end was caught up on large waves. The Discovery Channel concluded it was sunk after being hit by three huge rogue waves. It sank within a matter of minutes and there were no survivors. This is a really well done video incorporating Gordon Lightfoot's song, news footage, actual radio transmissions, and footage of the wreck at the bottom of the lake.


Tony Jordan

1 comment:

  1. I know he's older than sin, but I'd like to take in GL. He has a big friendly voice that takes me back.

    ReplyDelete