Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kenny Loggins, Dinosaur Jr, Mike Watt, Manchester Orchestra

Kenny Loggins will be at Innsbrook on Wednesday night. Tix are $20 in advance, $25 at the door, and $40 Gold Circle. Kenny was the king of the 80s soundtracks. "I'm Alright". "Danger Zone". "Footloose". But what I'm really excited about with Kenny coming is that I once again get to show a little "Yacht Rock". One of the funniest Internet series ever, "Yacht Rock" centers around the smooth rock of the late 70s - early 80s as epitomized by Michael McDonald and The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross, and, of course, Kenny Loggins. You also may have seen some of the Yacht Rock actors on the VH1 special, In the second episode of Yacht Rock, Loggins & McDonald engage in a songwriting contest with Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross makes his debut, and one of Kenny's biggest hits is written. The language in this is not safe for work so be forewarned.


Strangely, Christopher Cross' song, "Sailing", made an appearance in a dream I had last night. I don't know what that means. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to keep it smooth.

On Thursday night, 4/30, alt-rock kings Dinosaur Jr. and Mike Watt and the Missingmen come to the National. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8 and tix are $23.

On Friday night, 4/24, Manchester Orchestra plays at the National. There are 3 opening bands. Show starts at 7:30 with doors opening at 6:30. Tix are $14.

I would have linked to some videos and stuff but my Internet connection is not working well tonight for some reason. Sooooo just go watch another episode of Yacht Rock and enjoy your weekend.

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment