Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Michael Franti & Spearhead, Zoso

Doing the blog a little early this week. Wednesday night is "Lost" night while there are new episodes being shown. Gotta keep up on what's going on on the crazy, time-shifting island. Thursday night I want to try to get to sleep early because I'm going to be up late on Friday to see Michael Franti & Spearhead at the National.

Doors open at 7 and the show starts at 8. Tix are $26. If you aren't worried about them selling out (I was) and can wait to buy them at the door, then you can avoid the Ticketmaster surcharges which came out to an additional 40% on top of the ticket price. I hate Ticketmaster.

I'm not totally sure if there is an opening band. The show is listed as "Featuring Cherine Anderson and Courtney John" so I don't know if they are opening and/or playing with Spearhead. Get there early just in case. You don't want to miss a minute of Spearhead's blend of reggae, hip-hop, funk and world music. I have seen very few entertainers who can have a whole crowd on their feet dancing and hugging complete strangers by the end of the show. If you want to check out some Spearhead, here is a link to video of his complete show at All Good this year: http://www.iclips.net/content.php?content_id=21192. If you are going to the show, let me know and I'll keep an eye open for you.

If you are totally bummed that it looks like Led Zep will never be getting back together, you can check out Zoso, the Led Zep tribute band at The National on Saturday night. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8 and tix are $12.50.

That's about it for this week. I'll leave you with a little ditty called "Head Over Heels" by Tears for Fears. Only this version of the song shows what would happen if they just sang about what was happening in the music video. Enjoy.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you at Spearhead!

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment