Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dark Star Orchestra, Bruce's Pit

Wednesday night, Grateful Dead tribute band, Dark Star Orchestra, comes to Innsbrook Pavilion. Gates open at 6 and tix are $15 in advance, $20 at the gate. It says there will be "guests TBA" which usually means they will find a local band to open. DSO are probably the best Dead tribute band out there. They take an actual setlist from a Dead show and recreate the show, using the arrangements of that era. For example, last Thursday night they did the setlist from 11/6/77. I've seen them before, I'll probably see them again, but I'm passing this time because the money and night out are going to Springsteen in two weeks. I figured I could see a cover band I've seen many times covering a band I saw around 70 times and who will be back here within six months or go see living legend and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer who is still playing three hour shows and creating vital new music. It wasn't much of a call.

Speaking of Bruce, the Coliseum has posted the General Admission Pit Line Procedure for the Bruce show. Bruce has been doing this for the last few tours to help beat the scalpers.

That's all for now. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Tony Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment