Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Live & Gin Blossoms tonight at Innsbrook

Live & Gin Blossoms play tonight at Innsbrook. Looks like a nice night weather-wise. Tix are $20 at the door for General Admission and $35 for Gold Circle. Also, as a bonus: Anyone who buys a ticket for this show will receive a free general admission ticket for the The Greatest Beatles Show in The World-1964 "The Tribute" show on 5/28. Free tickets will be issued at the gate as you enter the LIVE show on May 14.

Live & Gin Blossoms both saw their greatest success in the 90s, with Live having #1 albums in 1994 (Throwing Copper) and 1997 (Secret Samadhi). More recent albums haven't made a huge dent on the charts or been as well receieved critically, but Live always put on a great show and I'm sure that hasn't changed.

Gin Blossoms commercial success peaked with New Miserable Experience in 1992 (4x platinum) and Congratulations...I'm Sorry in 1996 (#10 on the charts). They had some nice acoustic-type pop-rock hits but nothing that ever blew me away. I can't really speak to their live show. I don't think I've seen them live.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the gin blossoms live in about '92 and all I remember is that they were a heck of a lot better than the headlining band "toad the wet sprocket"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo looking forward to seeing them in concert. My stepsister actually dated Live's drummer years ago when they were getting started in PA. :) Should be a good concert!

    ReplyDelete