Monday, March 10, 2008

Little Feat, Van Halen, Kid Rock

Still haven't been able to get to my Grace Potter review. I'm having some problems with my Norton Internet Security on my home PC. It turns off on its own or doesn't come on when the PC boots up and then it won't let me onto any secure sites., which is keeping from being able to post a blog. The problem is intermittent and very strange but I need to do more research because calling Norton, who charge $10 for calling them, is my last resort.

Anyway, tonight at the National is Little Feat. Doors open at 7, show starts at 8. Tickets are $23. Little Feat has been one of my favorite bands ever since I was introduced to the classic "Waiting For Columbus" live album in college. I'd like to see them at the National too, because they would have more time to play then they do at Innsbrook, with its curfew. I don't know if they will play longer than 90 mins. since the last few times I have seen them have been at Innsbrook. However, I will reluctantly have to pass on the Feat this time because....

I am going to see Van Halen on Tuesday at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. There are still tickets available. Show starts at 8 and there is an opener. It looks like Eddie will be out of his week long reup in rehab and he'll be clean, mean and ready to rock.

At JPJ Arena on Wednesday, Kid Rock brings his Rock & Roll Revival tour in. This will feature guests Dickey Betts from the Allman Brother Band and Rev. Run from Run DMC. Show starts at 7:30 and tickets are cheap, with a top price of $45. This sounds like it would be a cool show, interesting at least, and I've always liked Kid. I figure with his love of rock, country and rap this would be quite an eclectic show.

Gotta run.

Tony Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Little Feat played a full 2 hours and looked like they wanted to play more...great show, great venue. Could be trouble for Toads Place!

    Wally D

    ReplyDelete